Thursday, August 9, 2012

Black Love - s/t tape


Whoa! I never post on here anymore. Apologies. Babies, bands, work, tours and everything else seems to get in the way. I'll try and keep up...or not....whichever.

I came across Black Love through a friend who was spending time in Montreal for a few months. I guess he caught Black Love opening for Calculator, Prawn and Veneers (hell of a line up) and figured it would be something I'd dig. He was right! I've been looking for something like this for a while. It's been so long since I've really sat down and dissected why I like a band, so bear with me. Black Love just gets me where I like it...hard hitting, fast, loud, maybe a bit snotty and of course, catchy as hell. I even love the wankey guitar solo, something I'm normally very much oppose. The vocals are gritty with just the right amount of melody thrown in at perfect times. Not sure if anyone remembers (or even heard) Black Print from Chicago, but Black Love is really carrying the torch those guys ran with.  (Black Black...someone start that band!)

I don't really know what else to say, this band plays a rad style of punk rock/post-hardcore and I'm really stoked to hear more from them. I sure hope we can get them out west soon!
~AB

No comments:

Post a Comment